Wednesday night’s episode of American Horror Story: Roanoke was definitely one for the books. Besides breaking the fourth wall and including a disturbing sex scene between Cuba Gooding Jr. and Lady Gaga, audiences met Cricket the psychic, played by Leslie Jordan (who also portrayed warlock Quentin Fleming on Coven).
The internet instantly fell in love with Cricket’s eccentric personality, which included speaking in the third person and being sassy AF. Several fans admitted he is their new favorite character and some have already decided to be him for Halloween. With Cricket’s ~interesting~ hair and demeanor, people quickly started comparing him to several figures from pop culture, and now I can’t unsee them.
- Coconut Head from Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide
- Edna Mode from The Incredibles
- Lord Farquaad from Shrek
- “Art collector” Ango Gobloggian from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Rocky from The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Tangina Barrons from the Poltergeist franchise
She was the medium who famously said, “This house is clean.”
- Psychic Gary Spivey
Also known as “The Modern Day Nostradamus,” fans definitely noticed a hair connection happening.
- A Keebler Elf
- Li’l Gideon from Gravity Falls
He’s a child psychic with a dark side.
- Mickey Rooney in the DCOM Phantom of the Megaplex
At least, I think it’s Mickey Rooney, since Cricket was compared to the “old guy” from the spooky Disney Channel film.
- Rickety Cricket from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Because come on now.
AMERICAN HORROR STORY: ROANOKE’S EVIL NURSES ARE RIPPED STRAIGHT FROM THE HEADLINES